TGIF, am I right? The weather is perfect and it’s just about happy hour, so what could be better? If you are in San Antonio this weekend, be sure to check out these 5 fabulously Delicious events, menus, and tastings-
1. The Gaucho Kitchen Menu at NAO- I love this place, the open kitchen and rotating menu always makes my heart flutter. And Executive Chef Geronimo Lopez is one of my favorites around the city. I have heard rave reviews of the new menu, The Gaucho Kitchen. Celebrating the tastes and unique flavors of Argentina and for $42 enjoy the complete tasting menu.
2. This one is FREE and it involves chocolate- This Saturday February, 7th, will be the first-ever Chocolate Fest at Market Square. I am not completely sold on free events (get it?), they tend to be overly crowded, and it always seems to be hard to find parking- but this one involves chocolate and I do love chocolate- I mean who doesn’t? For more information and details click HERE
3. Before you get all high on sugar at The Chocolate Fest, stop by The Twig Bookstore at The Pearl, for a book signing with our friend, John Demers of… get this… Delicious Mischief. We love the name of his blog and radio show and now new book (especially that Delicious part). Meet him tomorrow and get his new book signed while you are at it. He will be at The Twig from 10am-noon saturday February 7th. This is sure to be a perfect compliment to your The Pearl Farmer’s Market experience.
4. Saturday is also National Pisco Sour Day. Remember our fabulous interview with Johnny Schuler, the Godfather of Pisco during San Antonio Cocktail Conference a couple years back? Talk about passion- Well we have found the perfect spot to sip on a Pisco Sour. Join The Brooklynite team as they welcome guest bartender Javier Flores of Pisco Patron who will be showing off his Pisco skills for this international booze-it-up holiday. Or head to The Last Word from 4-7pm for $5 Pisco Sours.
(Photo Credit: Justin Parr)
5. Sunday we will be sipping and sampling the art of chef Robbie Nowlin’s cooking met with the visual art works of Justin Parr. These two make a Delicious combo- I think it’s like art meet charc? Yes, please. A complimentary reception will be held at The Hotel Valencia from 2pm-4pm, meet the artist(s) both culinary and visual- more details can be found HERE.
Until next time, enjoy your weekend and if you are what you eat make it Delicious,
Founder of Defining Delicious